Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wake Us Up Inside

It is my desire to share my very personal intimate relationship with my God with others. I want them to know Him, really know Him. Not just know about Him, but know Him.

I lived so much of my life with God in a box. He was who I perceived Him to be outside of daily time in His word learning Him. I see many living just as I did for so long and yearn for them to grow deeper and wider in their knowledge and understanding of who He is and the reality of Him in their lives.

Matthew 13:11-16 lays out my turmoil. "You are permitted to understand the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven, but others are not. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given, and they will have an abundance of knowledge. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them. That is why I use these parables, For they look, but they don't really see. They hear, but they don't really listen or understand. This fulfills the prophecy of Isaiah that says, 'When you hear what I say, you will not understand. When you see what I do, you will not comprehend. For the hearts of these people are hardened, and their ears cannot hear, and they have closed their eyes-- so their eyes cannot see, and their ears cannot hear, and their hearts cannot understand, and they cannot turn to me and let me heal them.' But blessed are you eyes, because they see, and your ears, because they hear."

We have the opportunity to know God yet we choose not to by not allowing the messages we hear to transform our lives. Listening implies application of what was heard. It is the cry of my heart that all desire God's transformation in their lives. Desiring to be unsatisfied with our sinful selves, we come to Him seeking new life. In the words of the band Evanescence, "Wake us up inside!"