Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Spam

Spam... no, not the mystery meat in a can! E-mail spam...

Last week, I sat reading e-mail, as any normal person would, when God began to speak. (When God interrupts a perfectly mundane daily task, I am surprisingly caught off guard at the sound of His voice.) The e-mail was not unlike most forwarded e-mail. It told of some sort of gloom and doom and the readers should be very aware. However, my sense of awareness was not only heightened, but I was struck with fear.

This fear is what prompted God to speak to me. "Do not be afraid..." Then He took me to Isaiah 8: 12-14, "Don't call everything a conspiracy, like they do, and don't live in dread of what frightens them. Make the Lord of Heaven's Armies holy in your life. He is the one you should fear. He is the one who should make you tremble. He will keep you safe."

He then asked me, "Are you going to fear what the world fears or do you believe Me?" Faith... believing God at His Word... even when checking e-mail.