Tuesday, January 20, 2009

God's Choice for President

I remember reading the book of Jeremiah in the fall of last year. It was at the same time our country was beginning to anticipate the Presidential Election. Within the book of Jeremiah, God spoke peace to my heart about whomever was elected as our country's next president. "I will appoint the leader of my choice. For who is like me, and who can challenge me? What ruler can oppose my will?" (49:19) Today, in the history of the present events, He reminded me of His peace.

Can I really believe these words in Jeremiah are meant also for our country's president? Yes! Because my God is a faithful God! It was here, another day in Numbers, that He vividly displayed His faithfulness and reminded me of His peace. "God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through?" (Numbers 23:19) Essentially, I heard, "Cara, because of my faithfulness you can trust that I have placed Barack in this place, and he cannot help but do my will."

I know that even if my choice for president was not elected, the chosen man was put in place by God. What comfort in the fact that no matter what Barack H. Obama does or says in the next four years, he cannot oppose God's will!

Because Barack is God's man for this job, Barack is also my man for this job. I need not agree with all his policies and opinions, but prayer, loyalty, and respect are what I will give my new President.