Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Realization of Rescue

A deep since of compassion is a fresh wound aching in my soul.  Longing to put this pain to use for God's Kingdom, I type here organizing my thoughts to be prepared to share when given an open door.

Realizing God's rescue from the dark pit of despair that engulfed me this summer, my heart breaks when dear friends are almost swallowed up by the same enemy.  I know intimately the reality of demons seeking to strangle the literal life out of someone.  In the face of such horror observed in others, I am utterly humbled into a crying heap on the floor at the realization of God's blessing of rescue.  In the midst, I wanted never to return to such a dark place.  But, experiencing the reality of my own liberation causes me in desparation to long for others' salvation so much that I would take on their despair because I know now that I can make it through because I have God. 

For His precious words to me from Isaiah were the hope that I clung to believing His promise for fulfillment.  "'You have been chosen to know me, believe in me, and understand that I alone am God.  There is no other God - there never has been, and there never will be.  I, yes I, am the Lord, and there is no other Savior.  First, I predicted your rescue, then I saved you... You are witnesses that I am the only God,' says the Lord." (43:10-12)

And now with His gift of compassion "I feel as if I'm going through labor pains for [the hurting and lost], and they will continue until Christ is fully developed in [their] lives." (Galatians 4:19)  May this gift be for nothing.  Hear my cries, Lord!